The UC Davis Advantage: UC Davis offers a depth and variety of research and educational opportunities relating to food systems, from agricultural production to food processing to consumer science to environmental resource management. This uniquely interdisciplinary landscape enables cross-sectoral collaboration to develop innovative solutions that address the complex challenge of food loss and waste.
Here’s a snapshot of what we accomplish together:
- UC Davis biodigester converts food waste to energy
- Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research advances seed drying techniques to prevent waste
- UC Davis Students turn food waste back into food
- Simmons Lab Finds Novel Use for Wine Grape Skins
- Postharvest Center focuses research on postharvest loss and produce quality
- Fruit and Veggie Up! brings free extra produce to UC Davis students